Tuesday 8 March 2011

Poster Draft - Artemis


This is another poster idea. In the beginning I decided to just have the one image but then I decided that Myrtles character is more of the main character. The story is from her point of view so I wanted her to be on the poster to. I liked the idea of blending the images together because it represents how they aren't directly with one another but are connected in some way. The only thing I need to do now is add an age rating. 

 
    •  This is my draft for the film poster. It isn't finished yet. I plan on adding another image of Katie (Myrtle) at the top which will be similar to the bottom image in size, colour and expression. This is to show how the characters connect.
    •  I decided on a sepia, brownish colour for the overall tone because it is set in the 1930's and I tried to reinforce this by trying to make the poster look authentic and old. Plus we have the whole film set in this tone of colour which is what we did when we edited.
    • I took a picture of Kosta (Benjamin) outside because his surroundings in the film are a bit all over the place. In the film he doesn't really belong anywhere concrete, seeing as his father sends him off to a mental institution. 
    • The idea for the title came from the fact that Benjamin's whereabouts are revealed in a letter so I tried to make it look like an old letter in calligraphic writing on top of some old brown paper similar to the letter in the film.
    • I did think about blurring the images of Katie and Kosta instead of having the title separate them, however I thought the title would be better because in the film the two characters are separated by something. 

        1 comment:

        1. Very good - again

          I don't think the clearer image works aswell.
          Age restrictions?

          ReplyDelete